Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Ultimate TV Experience

I just saw the following from Time Warner Cable: http://www.timewarnercable.com/nynj/learn/cable/TWCableTV/TWCableTV_iPad.html

Supposedly, they will offer an iPad app which lets you browse the menu of channels without interrupting the program being shown on your main screen (i.e. the tv).  This is close, but not exactly, the user experience I've always wanted for my TV.

What I've always wanted is the ability to browse (or search) on my phone, preview the content right there, and be able to project that channel to the TV with a swiping motion.
Sort of like picture-in-picture only the second picture is actually on my device.

Anyway, this app is the closest I've seen so far, so kudos to Time Warner...I'll have to check this one out (if they ever release an Android version).

No comments: