Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Possible Eclipse Bug

Wondering if this is an Eclipse Bug or not...

When I try using the @org.osoa.sca.annotations.Service annotation on my class, I get a compile error because the package is not imported on my project.

Hovering over the attribute gives me long list of Service classes:
  • javax.xml.ws.Service
  • com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Service
  • javax.mail.Service
  • ...
and the following message:
"Attribute information for this '@Service' instance:
Unspecified attributes:
interfaces, value"


What does that even mean?
What's odd is that Ctrl+1 gives me the proper quickfix: to import org.osoa.sca.annotations.Service.

Whats really odd is that, now that the Service annotation class is resolved and the error is gone, hovering over it still gives me the original message!

No comments: